Quote:

Never judge a book by its movie.

J.W. Eagan

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 8 #18 Social Networking

Social networking in my own simple minded terms seems to be a grander way to reach out not just to one person but to people that you could never have found or communicated with otherwise. It definitely has it's benefits, but like most things it also has it's downfalls. I think one can only use their God given common sense in any endeavor they pursue, and leave it at that. When I toured the different sites, I thought Ning could be good for specific groups of people with a common goal or interest, but it's not for me. I also considered Linkedin to be a great way to find old class mates and old co-employees, and maybe someday I may find that one to come in handy. Facebook also seems user friendly and simple enough for a tech dummy like me, but Myspace was the one I found to be the most appealing. Having a bit of a creative inclination I think it will be something I would enjoy and I have family members I can communicate with through that medium.
Actually I did that one and this is my URL...what fun that was!!

No comments: