Quote:

Never judge a book by its movie.

J.W. Eagan

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7 #16 Oh Wiki Wiki You Lost Me At Aloha!

I have heard the term Wiki many times since I first started working for this library system, but I was never really aware of what it was. This has been quite an educational exercises! I guess I can't get the "old school" thinking out of my brain, but I have a tendency to want to just walk to the shelf and pick up an encyclopedia and search it with my own bare hands! I am not saying that I will not use Wiki as a tool to get information, I am just saying it will take a little getting used to. I do believe you can teach an old dog new tricks. It just takes a little longer! I thought that the Library Success was an interesting link. It could really be a great resource for Library services and education. I also thought Booklovers Wiki was great. I created an account with Wiki and added my blog to the ihcpl favorites. I clicked on favorite shows and added a comment and link. Now I need some chocolate....LOTS of chocolate!!

http//www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

1 comment:

macandcheesemaniac said...

(In a singing voice) "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do? We swiiiiim!"